Sunday, June 6, 2010

Clean and Interesting Romance Book

I just finished reading Love On A Dime, by Cara Lynn James and I was amazed at how this simple romance story grabbed my attention from the start and kept it. The story is based in New England in the late 1800's, when a young socialite named Lilly writes dime novels in secret. She learns how keeping secrets can tear at your heart and soul, and when it comes to marriage, love must be number one; instead of leaning towards how the marriage could benefit the family. The story inspires the reader to worry less about what society thinks, but to follow God’s plan and to look towards him when you are unsure of what to do. This is an easy read, but keeps your attention enough so you want to keep reading to find out what happens next. As an active reader of novels I was quiet impressed at how the sweet romance between the main characters was “clean” and there was no need for the immoral lust and other things the typical romance author adds to their stories. I give this book an A+ for clean romance and a B+ for good writing and character plot. I’m looking forward to reading more books by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment